Communications & Project Officer
Euromontana is looking for a new team member to take on the role of Communications & Project Officer who will be responsible for the implementation of communication and dissemination activities in a number of European funded projects in which Euromontana is a partner, and will take a leading role in the external communication of our network.
- Design and implementation of communication and/or dissemination strategies in two EU funded projects relevant to forestry, rural development and resilience to climate change. This may include social media communication, the preparation of communication materials (e.g. brochures, booklets of good practices, presentation templates), the drafting of articles for non-expert audiences, or the organisation of stakeholder events.
- Daily management of the projects, including participation to meetings, drafting of deliverables under Euromontana’s responsibility, long term planning of activities, coordination of other partners involved in communication and dissemination tasks, and contribution to the periodic financial and technical reporting.
- Support the communication activities of projects managed by other colleagues as required.
- Online communication: management of Euromontana’s social media accounts and website.
- Production of news articles on topics or good practices relevant to mountains.
- Preparation of Euromontana’s internal and external newsletters.
- Support the organisation of events, in particular the 2024 European Mountain Convention (October 2024, Catalonia).
THE IDEAL PROFILE
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in a similar position.
- Academic background in a relevant field (e.g. EU affairs, forestry, environment, territorial development, communication or journalism).
- Experience producing communication content, including writing and layout.
- Experience in organising various types of events.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint), social media tools, emailing and newsletter tools (e.g. Mailchimp), and popular online graphic design tools (Canvas and similar).
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Good command of French (one of Euromontana’s official languages) or any other language from a European mountainous country.
- Skills and experience in event facilitation and/or stakeholder engagement.
- Experience in organising hybrid events.
- Experience with basic video editing.
- Experience managing WordPress websites.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Proactive and curious attitude, willing to learn about unfamiliar topics.
- Creative & solution oriented.
- Strong attention to detail while keeping an eye on the big picture.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
Communications & Project OfficerScadenza