TOURISM MANAGEMENT IN MOUNTAIN AREAS
WHY A TRAINING COURSE ON MOUNTAIN TOURISM?
As attentive observers and researchers working on mountain problems, we have long been aware of the lack of adequately trained professionals able to manage tourism in Alpine areas. This type of tourism has its own characteristics and peculiarities and above all it is going through a phase of important change, the signs of which are clearly felt but with future prospects which are not defined yet.
A first response to this need is provided by the Advanced Training Course on “Tourism management in mountain areas” promoted by the University of Bergamo and UNIMONT – Mountain University, Center of Excellence of the University of Milan, in collaboration with ANEF – Associazione Nazionale Esercenti Funiviari and CAI – Italian Alpine Club.
The course aims to offer an opportunity for updating/training for those currently working in the field, with the aim of:
- favoring the identification of strategic prospects for tourist destinations;
- planning and effectively managing what the tourist destination offers, a factor which tends to diversify more and more in relation to new expectations and demand;
- interpreting the communication and promotion of the destination in the light of the potential that current technology offers and suggests;
- promoting management of winter tourism that is effective in terms of profitability and innovative in the introduction of new fruition proposals.
- Operators in the various areas of mountain tourism
- Officials of public institutions, tourist associations and consortium bodies
- Cableway operators
- Young people who intend to move towards tourism in mountain areas.
The course is promoted by the University of Bergamo and UNIMONT – Mountain University, Center of Excellence of the University of Milan, in collaboration with ANEF – Associazione Nazionale Esercenti Funiviari and CAI – Italian Alpine Club.
The course is divided into 3 intensive modules of 20 hours each regarding with the following themes:
- Introduction to Tourism. Communication and promotion of alpine tourism (resp. Franco Brevini)
- Mountain tourist destinations: current conditions and prospects (resp. Andrea Macchiavelli)
- Snow tourism and the role of cableways
Advanced Training Course perfect for current mountain tour operators or for those who are interested in operating in this sector.Status
inactive (ed. 2019)