MANAGEMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH EMERGENCIES IN MOUNTAIN AREAS
The course aims to train professionals who know how to act in prevention and health care in critical situations for potential natural disasters, with possible significant effects on the health and safety of the population involved. It is therefore necessary to integrate the training of professionals working in prevention with specific and targeted knowledge, developing suitable skills and the ability to deal rationally and effectively with situations of crisis or emergency for collective and individual health and safety.
The training will cover areas of public, environmental, food and veterinary hygiene, as well as work safety and occupational medicine.
The interpersonal and communication aspects most appropriate for the context and situation of the population affected by such events will also be discussed.
Course participants will be able to work either as employees, as part of the health service in public or private structures, or as freelancers or in volunteer services.
The course aims to improve the training of those involved in the preventive health care sector both in public and private facilities and who, in their work activities, address issues related to the prevention and management of public health emergencies in areas potentially affected by environmental disasters involving a significant degree of risk, with particular reference to mountain areas.
Therefore, professionals who contribute to the achievement of the prevention objectives in public health such as Prevention Technicians and Healthcare Assistants are involved.
The course is also open to those who meet the entry requirements and have an interest in developing knowledge and skills in relation to the issues covered and are operating in areas related to health activities such as law, communication and public relations offices as well as in the world of consultancy and volunteering.
60 hrsCoordinatorCostsDidactic plan
- Natural Disasters and their classification;
- Hydrogeological risk in mountain areas: prevention and management;
- Main systems and new tools for effective communication;
- Human behaviour in case of disaster;
- Organization and management of health emergencies in natural disasters;
- Operational Security in Emergencies;
- Hygiene and Techniques for temporary settlements in emergencies;
- Prevention and control of infectious diseases in natural disasters;
- Hygiene and public health care in areas affected by natural disasters;
- Drinking water: emergency procurement and management;
- Food hygiene and safety in health emergencies;
- Hygiene and safety of farms and food of animal origin in natural disasters;
- Hygiene and safety at work in situations at risk of disaster;
- Legal aspects and responsibilities in crisis management in natural disasters
The course aims to perfect the training of those working in the health prevention sector both in public structures and in private companies.Status
inactive (ed. 2016)