3 April 2020
ATTEND THE CONFERENCE: “MOUNTAINS ARE AGROECOSYSTEMS FOR PEOPLE”
EAAP Mountain Livestock Farming Working Group (MLF), FAO-CIHEAM Mountain Pastures Sub-Network (MP) and University of Ljubljana are promoting a joint meeting focused on the topic of the mountains in the function of agroecosystems for people.
The meeting will be held in Bled, Slovenia. It will last three days, providing a forum for scientific and technical exchanges and a one-day field trip. The scientific sessions will be structured on five topics with a concluding session. They will consist of conferences presented by keynote guest speakers and free contributions as oral presentations and posters. Meeting sessions will consider the following topics:
- Farming systems and global change
- Precision mountain farming and smart agriculture
- Product quality and value chains
- Management options for ecosystem services
- Conflicting priorities in mountain areas: wild animals, natural resources and human needs
Scholars from all over Europe are invited to submit an extended abstract of one page and present at the meeting their work on the five topics above.
You can read the details on the structure of the event and how to present the abstracts here.
- April 9th, 2020: Deadline for Abstract submission and Pre-registration
- May 31st, 2020: Notification about abstract acceptance
- June 30th, 2020: Early bird registration closes (reduced fee) – Regular registration opens